Unconventional measurement technology in ultra high frequency (UHF) ranges (MHz to GHz) is commonly used for on-site PD testing. This has the added benefit that an online test can be conducted since the measurement method does not require galvanic coupling to the high voltage conductors. Partial Discharge measurement system based on UHF technology is designed for field application for a very sensitive measurement of PD signals from MV, HV, and EHV cable accessories, as well as power transformers and GIS. During UHF measurements, stronger attenuation of distant signals allows for very favorable signal-to-noise ratios and locally selective PD tests.
The UHF PD analyzer offers flexibility of either single or multiple channel measurements for multiple apparatus testing at a single location. The PD analyzer can be configured with any standard decoupling package such as UHF sensor for cable sealing end, UHF drain valve & hatch sensor for transformers or internal sensor for GIS.
DATA SHEET: HTP-2/UHF PD Detector
- Measurement range 40 MHz to 2 GHz
- Flexibility of either single or multiple channel measurements for multiple apparatus testing at a single location
- Can be configured with any standard decoupling package such as CT-1 UHF PD Sensor for cable and GIS PD testing or UHF-50/80 Drain Valve Sensor for transformer PD testing
- Designed as a compact benchtop unit or fitted in a Pelicase ideal for on-site PD testing
- Real time analysis of events based on voltage and load conditions
- Synchronization voltage frequency 20 – 200 Hz for phase-resolved measurements