The 3691 is a universal high accurate current burden for standard current ratings with freely adjustable power steps up to 75 VA. With the additional burden extension type 3692 the power range is expandable up to 200VA.
This programmable current burden unit is ideal for integration with the 2767 Automatic Instrument Transformer Test Set or 2763 Automatic Current Transformer Test Set in a full remote controlled instrument current transformer test system.
DATA SHEET: 3691 Programmable Electronic Current Burden
- Universal current burden for standard current ratings, freely adjustable power steps up to 75 VA, cos β = 0.5 to 1 at 50 and 60 Hz
- The power range can be extended to 200 VA with additional current burden 3692
- Burden values can be retrieved from the stored IEC60044 and ANSI/IEEE C57.13 standard tables
- Storage of nine individual burden settings (SN, IN, cos β), which can be retrieved as required
- High accuracy of 1% (even with additional passive burden 3692)
- Internal test set resistance, input cable and contact resistances are compensated by four-conductor measurement. This electronic current burden can also be used with different current transformer test sets, i.e. Tettex types 2711/22, 2761, or from other suppliers
- Simple use by interactive parameter entry
- Optional IEEE 488 interface for remote-controlled measurements and integration in an automatic measurement process
- A cost-effective solution, since a single electronic burden can replace most conventional passive burdens.