The TMS 580 is a computer controlled high precision measuring system for power transformers. The system has distinguished itself in the rugged environment of the transformer test facility. The design ensures that its control and instrumentation function circuits remain unaffected by interference fields.
The TMS 580 performs automated measurements of
- Load loss
- No-load loss
- Heat run
- Induced voltage test
- Zero sequence impedance
Included is also a Wattmeter function to perform quick and easy measurements without any additional calculations. The measuring data are accessible from other host systems for further processing.
DATA SHEET: TMS 580 Transformer Loss Measuring System
TMS 580 Features
- Models available for measurements up to 200 kV and up to 4,000 A
- Load loss measurement to reveal indications about stray losses and winding resistance
- No-load loss measurement to determine transformer excitation
- Heat run to verify temperature rises of oil and windings
- Induced voltage test to check the voltage withstand capability of the insulation
- Wattmeter function to perform quick and easy measurements without any calculations.
- Self-check to calibrate all ranges of voltage and current channels.
- High measuring accuracy of maximum ± 0.35% of the indicated power at a typical frequency of 60 Hz and a power factor of 0.05.
- Short throughput times due to the elimination of instrument transformer rewiring, remote range selection and computer aided processing.
- Assured documentation quality with a precise test report, which is generated automatically at the end of a measurement.
- High operating convenience reduces the learning process and minimizes faulty operations. Intuitive windows operating software helps getting familiar with the instrument very fast.