The SPTTS – Power Transformer Test System is designed for routine testing of power transformers. All supported tests are performed in conformity with IEC 60076 and IEEE/ANSI C57.12.90. The test system consists of a state of the art frequency converter based power supply, a multi-tapped step-up transformer, a capacitor bank and a loss measurement system. The SPTTS is a multifunctional tool, including all routine tests within one unique system. The SPTTS can be expanded further to include winding resistance, turns ratio, insulation resistance, partial discharge, capacitance and tan delta, and on-load tap changer testing.
The system includes a frequency converter, which is a compact, clean and silent power supply and replaces the traditionally used motor generator sets. The possibility to supply at different frequencies independent from the power supply frequency allows testing at 50/60 Hz and also to perform the induced voltage test up to 200 Hz. Additionally, a decoupling of the feeding power mains is achieved and the stability, symmetry, and total harmonic distortion (THD) parameters depend only on the control structure of the frequency converter, providing the highest accuracy testing.
DATA SHEET: SPTTS Power Transformer Test System
- State of the art frequency converter (up to 200 Hz)
- The highest accuracy and completely calibrated and certified measurement system
- The lowest system noise level allowing highly sensitive partial discharge measurements
- Integrates all routine tests within one unique system
- Fulfills all IEC and IEEE/ANSI standards
- Free adjustable test frequency up to 200 Hz
- Low life-cycle costs and low maintenance
- Excellent stability, symmetry, and THD parameters for enhanced accuracy
- Modular design for futures expansions