The sophisticated design of the SGVA series considers all requirements of impulse voltage tests imposed by industry and research. The total charging voltage ranges from 20 to 10,000 kV with a per-stage energy of 20 to 30 kJ. This wide range permits optimum capacity selection for any test assignment.
This series offers reliable and accurate triggering on account of its patented parallel spark gap leading to low impulse circuit inductance. Resistors are distributed within the generator, stored in easily-accessible compartments, accessible through platforms and internal ladders for rapid stage access and interchangeability. An integrated base frame carries both the generator and the charging rectifier.
SGVA generators are now supplied with the latest generation of impulse controls – HVC 300. Rugged fiberoptic cables will be connected to the hardware in the test field to allow for the highest Safety Integrity Level 3 (SIL 3). The complete galvanic separation protects operators and equipment in the control room. A new and modern software with intuitive user interface allows for simple automated impulse testing.
DATA SHEET: SGVA Impulse Voltage Generator
- Total charging voltage up to 10,000 kV
- 10 to 30 kJ stage energy
- Reliable and accurate triggering by improved Marx Circuit
- Handy plug-in resistors and connections
- Rapid stage and resistors access
- Unique protective grounding device
- Integrated base frame carrying generator and charging rectifier
- Internal ladders and platforms for rapid stage access
- Ease of operation with modern control system
- Impulse wave shape analysis according to latest IEC and ANSI/IEEE standards
- Short configuration times
- A modular expandable system that grows with your application needs (up to 10,000 kV)
- Sophisticated, strong and flexible design
- Completely SIL 3 compliant with new HVC 300 impulse controls