A good investment to avoid high costs
Insulating fluids testing with BAUR
Oil Diagnostic Systems provided by HVT can alert you to loses in the insulating and cooling properties of oil due to impurities and ageing. Consequences to these loses include damage and failures of equipment and systems, even catastrophic failures resulting in transformer fires. The testing of insulating fluids can extend the life of your electrical equipment.
Maximum quality, reliability and precision for the safety and proﬁtability of your facilities.
BAUR oil testers are characterized by quality recognized worldwide. Quality in the deﬁnition of BAUR and its customers are not empty words. It is determined by criteria which have a direct or indirect impact:
• Precision, reliability and scope of measuring results
• Reduction of testing time and costs
• High degree of individualization and user friendliness
• Long lifetime of instruments
With these principles, BAUR makes complex technologies and complex standards easy, safe and proﬁtable for the customer.
BAUR Dielectric Strength Testers
- Insulating fluids dielectric strength test according to ASTM D877, ASTM D1816, and others.
- Models capable of measuring the dielectric breakdown voltage up to 100kV
- The high quality ASTM compliant test cells or vessels allow measurement without the influence of air
- Repeatable breakdown measurements of mineral, silicone, and natural esters
BAUR Dissipation Factor Tester - Tan Delta Oil Tester
- Fully automatic dissipation factor, specific resistance, and relative permittivity measuring system
- The fully automatic DTL measurement system is developed for measuring the aging factor in insulating fluids
- Testing in accordance to ASTM D924 test method and others
- Excellent design for easy Tan Delta oil testing and user friendliness
BAUR Water Content Measuring System
- Fully automatic determination of the water content in insulating oils according to the Karl Fischer method
- Automatic usage includes auto drift correction
- Titration cell for high dissolution of iodine addition and the determination of the smallest quantities of water
- Available standard mode for quick and easy routine inspections along with expert mode for more complex test requirements
BAUR Oil Testing Software
- Versions available for Windows 7
- Versions available for simple database management as well as full computer control of testers
- Management of measured data becomes easy and transparent
- Graphical illustration of test results and mapping with additional technical, commercial, and time based sample information
Insulating ﬂuids are a key component of much electrical equipment. Highly reﬁned mineral oils, silicone ﬂuids, vegetable oil (natural esters) and synthetic esters guarantee the operation of transformers, medical and safety or even radar technology devices. Insulating materials lose their insulating and cooling properties due to impurities and ageing. The consequences include damage and failures of equipment and systems, even catastrophic failures resulting in transformer ﬁ res and the consequent costs and environmental damage.
The testing of insulating ﬂuids is therefore legally stipulated and regulated through national and international standards. Equally important are the economic reasons for regular testing to include extended lifetime of equipment and optimal use of insulating oils to achieve enormous potential savings.